Tuesday, March 31, 2009

mY kItChEn





I was taking some "before" pictures of my kitchen and thought I'd share a few of them here. We are getting ready for a kitchen remodel. Jon will be installing a window over my kitchen sink (I HATE starring at a blank wall while at the sink) WOOHOO!! That way I will also be able to see Maddie if she is playing in the yard and her playhouse. We will also be sanding down all of the cabinet and re-staining them. I want to stain the main cabinet frames a country red and the doors will be a white washed stain for a two toned look. We are planning on re-laminating the counter tops, adding new hardware, tiling the back wall and painting the appliances (which are now a 1960's or 70's dark brown) with the new brushed aluminum paint that has come out recently. The walls will be repainted white and instead of paper borders I'd like to stencil the borders. Jon is making me a custom built island which will give me more cabinet and storage space. He is even going to add an electrical strip so that I have more outlets available with out having to practically re-arrange my counter tops just to use a small appliance. I had gotten a black iron pot rack for free on our local Freecycle group which will hang above the island. I am excited for this project to get underway even though it will be an inconvenience during the process.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected All art posted on this website is protected under U.S. & International Copyright Laws. No portion of any of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, downloaded, copied, reproduced, or altered in any way without prior written permission from the artist.