Thursday, March 19, 2009

CoLlAgE pAiNtInG


I made this 4 x 4 inch collage painting this week. I used a 4 x 4 wrapped canvas and applied torn patterned papers in a random fashion using Mod Podge. I then applied Gesso using a dry brush method. After that dried I used Fluid Chalk Inks and applied random color. Over the color I then added the Gesso circles, swirls and lines. I drew in the lamb, flowers, birds, clouds and hot air balloon using a Gelly Roll pen in white. Next I laid down the base colors for the face, shirt and hair adding detail using Sharpie markers. I touched up a few places with the ink again and I still need to apply one last clear coat over the top. I am not completely happy that I used black on this but it is the basic idea of what I wanted to do. It is a learning process for me and I am sure that the next one I do will be even better.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected All art posted on this website is protected under U.S. & International Copyright Laws. No portion of any of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, downloaded, copied, reproduced, or altered in any way without prior written permission from the artist.