Wednesday, September 10, 2008

CoLlAgE wOrKsHoP cOnTiNuEd


The 3rd step was to brush on gesso and acrylic paint. I did this using a pastry brush. The stiff bristles gave more texture to the surface. I also used this brush for the acrylic paint in lemon yellow.


In the 4Th step I took a lid from a canning jar and a spice lid to make the large and medium sized circles using gesso. I applied it rather thick in order to add yet more texture. I then thought that it needed a few more circles so I took the lid off of a steak sauce bottle that was in my recycle box. Can you tell I was doing these steps in my kitchen? Sounds like I am putting together a recipe, which actually fits right in to my collage since I used vintage recipe book pages to start with. See the theme here? Next I took an old credit card and made the random lines using gesso. Let this dry awhile then onto the next steps.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected All art posted on this website is protected under U.S. & International Copyright Laws. No portion of any of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, downloaded, copied, reproduced, or altered in any way without prior written permission from the artist.