Thursday, September 18, 2008

ArT ~ gIvEs YoU wInGs



They say RED BULL gives you wings...well let me tell you, I HATE Red Bull. Have you ever been stuck in a tight space with someone who is wearing WAY too much perfume or cologne? You know, so much that you can't BREATHE...AND you can actually TASTE it? Well, that taste is exactly what Red Bull tastes like to me. A taste that just won't go away. A taste that makes you want to go in to the bathroom and use one of those little plastic tongue scrappers for about a half an hour followed by a big swig of Listerine (as if it doesn't burn without the tongue scrapping).
OK, now you are asking yourself, "Dee, what does that have to do with anything?". Well, today I was thinking over some artsy ideas and for some reason I just thought "ART gives you wings"...which made me think of the ads for Red Bull...which made me cringe...thus the writing of this.
Really, what I was thinking about was how recently I have been getting more involved in actually DOING some art pieces. Actually MAKING art instead of WANTING to do some art. The actual process of hold materials in my hands and using my abilities to make something has somehow opened me up again. I started thinking about how for years I have been just like a caterpillar, crawling around aimlessly, curling up in my cocoon at times. When I try to break out of that cocoon I often find that I just don't have any wings, I am not flying. I am still that caterpillar crawling around aimlessly when it comes to doing artwork. But since I took the online Collage Workshop over at TheLatestTrendsInMixedMediaArts Yahoo group and have gone through the process of doing my own collage, I feel like I got my WINGS.

I can fly.
ART Gives You Wings!!
At least it does for me. I hope to keep flying for a while.


1 comment:

Barbara said...

hear hear....red bull...ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.......

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected All art posted on this website is protected under U.S. & International Copyright Laws. No portion of any of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, downloaded, copied, reproduced, or altered in any way without prior written permission from the artist.