Thursday, June 24, 2010

CoLlAgE pAiNtInG - LiNeAr DuO

I saw a collage technique in the latest Cloth Paper Scissors magazine that I just had to try. I took an 8x8 canvas and covered it in gesso in random brush strokes to leave a texture. After that dried I used a clear gel medium to apply a torn strip of decorative paper midway on the canvas. I then took a vintage tissue pattern, crumbled it and applied it to the canvas over the torn paper, again using gel medium. After it dried I repeated this process. I then applied the circles cut from decorative scrapbook papers and covered the entire canvas once again with gel medium. I allowed this to dry overnight.

Next I randomly dry brushed coordinating paints onto the canvas allowing the under layer to show through. I stamped a few colors using shelf liner for texture and dripped paint from a wet brush for the splatters. Then using a thin liner brush I outlined the circles with black paint and painted the stems and leaves. After drying, I used black and white Prisma colored pencils to loosely circle around the flowers. And this is the finished painting. The whole process really didn't take much time at all and I feel confident that I could do quite a few of these in different sizes and colors. I am quite happy with the outcome. Titled - Linear Duo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected All art posted on this website is protected under U.S. & International Copyright Laws. No portion of any of the artist's work or statements may be duplicated, downloaded, copied, reproduced, or altered in any way without prior written permission from the artist.